Well… The TrackSkull application was working great – right up until my 8 year old Microsoft Sidewinder joystick up and died. I have no idea why. But it just stopped working. Poof.
Have you tried to buy a joystick lately?
- Target – Stab in the dark. They used to have more computer stuff. Clearly that has changed.
- Staples – Another shot that might have panned out in the past. I knew they carried some peripherals. But the selection has dwindled.
- Radio Shack – Huge disappointment, again. Do they ever have what you want or need anymore? How are they still in business? The only people I ever see in there are “old people” arguing with the clerk (Who is typically clueless) about why they can’t get a replacement battery for their 12 year old cordless phone.
- Game Stop – Semi disappointed. The accessories are obviously not their bread and butter. The displays are kind of haphazard. So I am going to give them a pass on this one.
- Best Buy – Home of the $99 HDMI cable that you can get other places for $10. Came through in the end, but at an almost $10 premium. If time wasn’t the crunch, I could have purchased on-line with free shipping and had it in time for next weekend.
No wonder I hate shopping.